Important 2020-2021 Physicals Update for Athletics
If your athlete had a physical performed last year a parent can fill out the below 2020-2021 Health History Questionnaire in place of a new physical:
Any new 3rd grade athletes or athletes who did not receive a physical last year will need to have a physical filled out by a physician. Your physician or an MD at a place that does physicals (Kroger, Walgreens, Care Centers, etc) must complete this form.
All physical forms must be turned in by the first day of practice.
About the Holy Family Athletic Ministry
Athletics is a division of the Youth Ministry of Holy Family Parish and Catalyst Catholic of the New Albany Deanery. We recognize the goodness of our youth and the presence of God in their lives. This ministry is available to the youth of our parish and Holy Family Catholic School. We strive to provide and offer many opportunities for individual, physical, social and spiritual growth for our young people of the parish.
Our sports philosophy:
- Sports should be fun.
- Sports should develop ALL youth that participate.
- Sports should develop positive values in youth.
- Sports should allow youth to develop skills based on their God given talents.
- The safety of our youth is a top priority.
- Coaches and parents must model the values we want our youth to learn.
- Youth should have a variety of formative experiences in their lives, with sports being one of them.
- Sports in our league is a Catholic faith based experience.
- Winning has nothing to do with your win-loss record.
Sports Offered at Holy Family:
- Volleyball – Girls – 3rd-8th Grade
- Basketball – Boys and Girls – 3rd-8th Grade
- Cheer (basketball) – Boys and Girls – 3rd-8th Grade
- Soccer – Boys and Girls – 3rd-8th Grade
- Track and Field – Boys and Girls – 3rd-8th Grade
- Golf – Boys and Girls – 5th-8th Grade
Biddy Sports (Pre-K – 2nd Grade):
- Soccer – Boys and Girls
- Basketball – Boys and Girls
Southern Indiana Catholic Sports:
The sports below are organized by Catalyst Catholic as deanery-wide teams.
- Football – Boys – 3rd-8th Grade
- Cheer (Football) – Girls – 3rd-8th Grade
- Cross Country – Boys and Girls – 3rd-8th Grade
- Tennis – Boys and Girls – 3rd-8th Grade
- Wrestling – Boys – 1st-8th Grade
- Softball – Girls – 5th-8th Grade
- Soccer – Boys and Girls – 7th-8th Grade
For more information about Athletics please send us an email at email@example.com
For more information on Deanery Athletics please see www.catalystcatholic.org/