We have a very brief Wednesday Folder this week. Below are downloadable files of each document.
Holy Family strives to provide an academic program of studies of the highest quality. Students participate in a full array of studies, including Religion (including Archdiocesan Circle of Grace training), Language Arts (integrated English, Spelling, Vocabulary, and Reading), Mathematics through Algebra I, Instrumental, Choral and General Music and Performance Arts, Physical Education, Science and Health, Social Studies, Technology Literacy, Visual Arts, and World Languages. In addition, special curricular and co-curricular activities support and instill in students the desire to learn and they provide children with opportunities to excel regardless of academic ability, economic status, or talent area.
Students are encouraged to fully participate in all classroom activities, to study and complete homework and assigned projects. Holy Family recognizes that each child is different; learning styles vary and ability and interest levels are not all the same for all children. These factors play a role in the development of the curriculum and expectations of students. At Holy Family, we believe all children can and will find success.
A Holy Family Catholic School graduate at the time of graduation will exhibit the following qualities, have been taught the following lessons, or will be exposed to the following in the areas below:
- Will be encouraged to develop a willingness and eagerness to serve anyone in need without prompting or reward
- Will lead a service project
- Will have completed an annual service project during each year of attendance
- Will be made aware of those in need locally, nationally, and internationally
- Will be taught through discipline and modeling good Christian character traits
- Will demonstrate respect for God, self and others
- Will have an appreciation and respect of the laws of our nation and freedoms of America
- Will be able to withstand peer pressure in bad situations
Each grade participates in their own Service Project throughout the school year. For a list of each grade’s service project, please click here.
Everything we do at Holy Family School stems from our Catholic Identity and our Faith. The students of Holy Family School learn and experience their faith through weekly liturgy, sacramental preparation, daily prayer, faith formation classes and daily life messages modeled by teachers and staff. Each school year begins with a theme that is tied to our faith. Special occasions during the Church calendar include Advent and Lenten penance services, Lenten Stations of the Cross, May Crowning ceremony, and First Communion.
Out Catholic values are practiced daily at Holy Family Catholic School. These include:
- Daily Prayer
- Church History and scripture instruction
- Nurture and develop values and character
- Sacramental preparation
- Retreat programs and service activities
- School Liturgy twice a week
- Prayer services and seasonal programs
- Parish ministries – servers, lectors, singers
- Parish support and involvement
Please help us by praying for our students, families, faculty and staff. Thank you.