The Wednesday Folder was sent home on February 7. The contents from this week are below:
Holy Family School is now enrolling PreSchool – 8th grade for the 2018-19 school year!
This is what Holy Family has to offer:
- CATHOLIC FAITH BASED education for all grade levels
- The LOVING GUIDANCE of faculty and staff, active parents and SUPPORTIVE parishioners of Holy Family Catholic Church
- Safe and secure PRESCHOOL enrichment for 3-4 year-olds
- CHILDCARE for 3-4 year-olds & after school care for K-8
- A challenging ACADEMIC program
- Quality ENRICHMENT activities for our students including World Languages, Art, Student Leadership, Academic Teams, Science Club, Band, Orchestra, and Choir Electives
- ATHLETIC programs for Preschool – 8th Grade
- FIELD TRIPS and SERVICE projects for all grade levels which help with the development of successful life skills
- FINANCIAL AID, Choice Scholarships & Vouchers available
We like what we see. What next?
- Are you ready to go ahead and register for Holy Family? Here is the New Student Registration form and Home Language Survey. Please fill out and return to the School Office at: Holy Family Catholic School, 217 West Daisy Lane, New Albany, IN 47150.
- Call our school office at 812-944-6090 to schedule a tour and get more information.
- Visit the office. School hours are 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please call before visiting to confirm.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
OK, that’s great. I would love to see more about Holy Family School:
We are happy to provide you with more. You are curious about tuition, lunches, the school calendar, our teachers and curriculum. We have a Registration Folder that we can happily send to you, or you can learn about all these details here.
You can also see what our current families see. Just feel free to browse the website as a parent of our current students. You can click on any of the links above, or to the right to get a feel for what it’s like to be here:
Holy Family strives to provide an academic program of studies of the highest quality. Students participate in a full array of studies, including Religion (including Archdiocesan Circle of Grace training), Language Arts (integrated English, Spelling, Vocabulary, and Reading), Mathematics through Algebra I, Instrumental, Choral and General Music and Performance Arts, Physical Education, Science and Health, Social Studies, Technology Literacy, Visual Arts, and World Languages. In addition, special curricular and co-curricular activities support and instill in students the desire to learn and they provide children with opportunities to excel regardless of academic ability, economic status, or talent area.
Students are encouraged to fully participate in all classroom activities, to study and complete homework and assigned projects. Holy Family recognizes that each child is different; learning styles vary and ability and interest levels are not all the same for all children. These factors play a role in the development of the curriculum and expectations of students. At Holy Family, we believe all children can and will find success.
A Holy Family Catholic School graduate at the time of graduation will exhibit the following qualities, have been taught the following lessons, or will be exposed to the following in the areas below:
- Will be encouraged to develop a willingness and eagerness to serve anyone in need without prompting or reward
- Will lead a service project
- Will have completed an annual service project during each year of attendance
- Will be made aware of those in need locally, nationally, and internationally
- Will be taught through discipline and modeling good Christian character traits
- Will demonstrate respect for God, self and others
- Will have an appreciation and respect of the laws of our nation and freedoms of America
- Will be able to withstand peer pressure in bad situations
Each grade participates in their own Service Project throughout the school year. For a list of each grade’s service project, please click here.
Everything we do at Holy Family School stems from our Catholic Identity and our Faith. The students of Holy Family School learn and experience their faith through weekly liturgy, sacramental preparation, daily prayer, faith formation classes and daily life messages modeled by teachers and staff. Each school year begins with a theme that is tied to our faith. Special occasions during the Church calendar include Advent and Lenten penance services, Lenten Stations of the Cross, May Crowning ceremony, and First Communion.
Out Catholic values are practiced daily at Holy Family Catholic School. These include:
- Daily Prayer
- Church History and scripture instruction
- Nurture and develop values and character
- Sacramental preparation
- Retreat programs and service activities
- School Liturgy twice a week
- Prayer services and seasonal programs
- Parish ministries – servers, lectors, singers
- Parish support and involvement
Please help us by praying for our students, families, faculty and staff. Thank you.