In recognition of National Vocations Awareness Week, we would like to share with you a video recently produced to encourage vocations. The video features Archdiocesan-owned Bishop Simon Bruté College Seminary, but focuses on the responsibility every baptized Catholic has to encourage vocations within his or her own community. As you will see from viewing the video, priests and seminarians witness to the reality that they have been encouraged to pursue their vocation, and God’s will for their life, by a variety of people and their entire Catholic community. If we hope to build our Church and dream of a future with ample priests to serve our people, we need to share this message.
Holy Family Parish is so happy to share the entire 2018 schedule of the New Albany Deanery Parishes’ Picnics and Festivals with you. All of the festivals are listed below, or you can download the entire schedule for the 2018 New Albany Deanery Picnics and Festivals.
ST. ANTHONY OF PADUA
Saturday, June 16 (2 p.m.-8 p.m.)
- Men’s Club Famous Fried Chicken Dinner
- Cakes, Quilts, Mini-Raffles, Children’s Area
- Adult Games of Chance, Children’s Games of Skill
- Capital Prizes – First: $5,000; Second: $1,000 Third: $500
- Enjoy the activities inside this year…in air-conditioned comfort!
ST. JOSEPH TRI PARISH (at Harrison County Fair Grounds)
Sunday, July 8 (10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.)
- Chicken dinner, homemade noodles, pies and more!
- Large children’s area!
- Games, booths, silent auction, Granny’s Attic flea market, quilts, raffle
- Big money raffle: First: $5,000; Second: $1,000; Third: $500; Fourth: $300
ST. BERNARD FRENCHTOWN
Sunday, Aug. 5 (10 a.m. -3 p.m.)
- Drawing for $10,000 – Only 300 tickets sold ($100 each)
- Country fried chicken/ham dinner, noodles and pies served in an air conditioned dining room until 2 p.m. Carry out available
- Silent auction, games for kids and adults, 50/50 raffle, handmade quilt raffle
ST. MARY LANESVILLE – 175th Anniversary Picnic & Homecoming
Sunday, Aug. 12 (10 a.m.-5:30 p.m.)
- Chicken and ham dinner served country style in an air conditioned dining room
- $6,000 in cash prizes
- Over 30 quilts to be raffled
- Linen/craft booths, huge Granny’s Attic, numerous games
- Silent Auction
Mass schedule: 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
ST. MARY OF THE KNOBS – ‘KNOBSFEST’
Saturday, August 18
- “The Louisville Crashers” 9 p.m. to midnight!
- Live music, Gambling and Beer Garden 6pm to midnight!
Sunday, August 19
- 10:30am to 3:00pm
- Home-cooked chicken dinners
- Games of chance and skill, Bingo, Pull Tabs
- Corvette Raffle, Capital Prize, Quilt raffle
- Large Kid’s Zone
ST. AUGUSTINE JEFFERSONVILLE
Sunday, Sept. 9 (11 a.m.-2 p.m.)
- Harvest chicken dinner
- Quilt raffle
- Bake sale
ST. MARY NEW ALBANY – Multi-Cultural Festival
Saturday, Sept. 15
- Begins with bilingual Mass at 4:00 p.m.
- American and Hispanic foods, music and dancing
- Raffles and games for all ages
ST. MICHAEL CHARLESTOWN – ‘SEPTEMBERFEST’
Sunday, Sept. 16
- Famous fried chicken dinner and traditional Mexican food from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Silent auction, games of chance, quilt raffle, money raffle
- Mexican music and dancing
- $500 Jay C/Kroger gift card raffle
- Mass schedule: 11 a.m. (bilingual)
ST. MICHAEL BRADFORD
Sunday, Sept. 23 (10:30 a.m.-4 p.m.)
- Annual ham and chicken dinner with homemade dumplings from 10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Raffles, quilts, booths, bingo and more
- Silent Auction!
- Beer Garden – 2nd Annual on Friday the 21st!
ST. MARY NEW ALBANY
Saturday, October 6
- 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Stop by the corner of Spring and Eighth Streets for a bite to eat during the Harvest Homecoming Parade
- American and Mexican Foods
ST. JOHN PAUL II – Turkey Shoot, Fall Festival and Chicken Dinner (At St. Joe Hill Campus)
Sunday, Oct. 7 (11 a.m.)
- Chicken dinner with homemade dumplings
- TV, Lawn tractor, iPad, Weber Grill raffles
- Booths, Quilts and Big Money raffles!
- Firing Range
May Crowning will take place this Friday, May 11, with Mass starting at 8:00 am. Please consult the school handbook for the appropriate dress code for May Crowning.
On this coming Saturday, April 28, 2018, 39 students will receive the Sacrament of First Holy Communion. The celebration will begin at 2:00 pm.
Please keep our First Communicants in prayer as they make the final preparations to join us at the Lord’s table for the first time next Saturday.
Who: Children entering Kindergarten to 5th grade in the fall
What: 3 fun-filled evenings discovering how Jesus rescues us!
When: June 18th to 20th, 2018 6:00pm to 8:30pm
Where: Holy Family Gym (Use the gym entrance by the Trophy hallway to drop and pick up)
How: Send in your registration form and payment right away!
Why: Because God loves you! And it will be lots of FUN!!!
Arrive at 5:45 on Monday June 18th to register, change into your t-shirt, and get your crew assignment.
A nut free snack will be provided each night.
Wear sneakers or closed sandals, as we will be on the move!
All completed registration forms can be turned into the school office or the parish office.
*We are looking for volunteers for VBS 2018 if you have any questions please contact Christina Neal 502-240-7914 or Kassi Cloutier 812-215-6528.*